“No weekend, all weakened.”

 I am not gonna lie, I found this cheesy caption on google because I could not come up with a nice caption which would include Saturday and relax haha. 

It was Saturday and I was finishing my Safeguarding course, therefore I was working on an incredibly boring assignment. I know I know, that working safely with children is important, but learning about legislation is dull.

After my 3 hours of discussing numerous types of abuse, I decided to go to a beach. I found a comfortable spot where I lay down and read almost 100 pages of the book "The Secret World of Drawings" by Furth. I did not plan to read "uni books" on my day off when I suppose to relax, but this book literally absorbed me for almost 2 hours. I was reading about how to analyse drawings. A large part of the chapter contains examples of drawings and explanations and I found it fascinating. At the moment as I am researching for my dissertation, I am finding out more and more sources about how drawing assessments are not sufficient nor reliable types of assessments. There are so many aspects to consider when you aim to assess a child through drawings. You need to know their background information about their life experiences, their level of development, culture and much more. Did you know that children until 4 years old do not associate colours with feelings/emotions so you cannot take colours into the consideration? I did not know about that. 

When I was a little child, I remember going to a family psychologist where I had to draw my family and I remember how I placed my step mum a little too far away than it should be. I know that back then, my relationship with my step mum truly was not the best. As I mentioned earlier, I found it incredibly fascinating that through impromptu or conscious drawing, you can find some information about the person. This is definitely something I would like to be included in my future career. This post is an appreciation post for assessment drawings. I did not take any pictures from yesterday, so I will include a screenshot of my "wannabe aesthetic Instagram story", some pictures from the book as examples and colour associations. 




P.S. I found some interesting names of the clients like Ethel, Estrid or Marilla. I will definitely save them to my file of favourite names:)


Comments

Popular Posts